TRAINING AND MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT PROCESSES INCLUDES
• The sustenance of the Agency largely depends on competent and well-trained staff. The Department coordinates all forms of training, which includes both administrative and technical training. Staff of the Agency are encouraged to develop themselves in their different career fields.
• The Unit is charged with the responsibility of evaluating training proposals submitted by Consultants.
• It Processes staff Study Leave matters with or without pay and makes recommendations for the payment of Education Grants.
• Appraises various proposals submitted for Management’s consideration based on the training needs of the Agency.
• Monitors training programmes by way of co-ordination to ensure optimal participation by staff and proper delivery by the course facilitators.
• Advises staff on credible institutions for higher studies as well as course relevance.
• Oversees the NYSC and Industrial Attachment Programmes.
Other advantage to the Agency and staff includes:
• Improve quality
• Improve our competitiveness
• Multi-skill our employees
• Meet health and safety requirements
• Implement workplace change
• Build commitment to the company
• Quality of products and services
• Efficiency and effectiveness of all processes
• Innovation and creativity to find new products and services
• Flexibility and customisation of products and services to meet customers’ needs
• Human capital through knowledge and skill development
• Dissemination of knowledge between employees, partners or subcontractors and clients investment in new plant and equipment.
• Higher levels of value-added activities as a result of greater levels of employee skills, reduced overhead costs to the agency (efficiency of resources or fewer workers compensation claims)
• Greater ability to innovate in terms of adopting new technology and introducing better work processes
NAMA TRAINS PERSONNEL ON STRATEGIC SAFETY MANAGEMENT