The department is headed by a GM and has the following functions inter alia:
- Determine in conjunction with the department of operations , the training requirement of ATC Manpower
- Ensuring that ATS Manpower attains and maintains the required level of proficiency.
- Co-ordinate ATS training and recruitment programme.
- Determine the training institution for training of ATS manpower that are ICAO accredited.
- Programme officers for training in liaison with the department of operations.
- Review the progress and potentials of ATS trainees
- Coordinating the review of ATS training manuals and materials required for the effective training programme
- Coordinate the pre-rating examinations and licensing programme of ATS personnel.
- Participating in investigation of air incidents and evaluating the scenario leading to the incidents.
- Ensuring the elimination of the hazards identified to lead to the air incident and making quarterly reports on actions taken to eliminate them
- Developing annual reports and present to the Director of operations on the activities of the department.
The Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) has assured stakeholders that the nation’s airspace remains one of the safest on the cont...
NPF-RELIABLE PARTNER IN AIR SAFETY- AKINKUOTU