• To continue to provide safe and functional air navigation services that will meet international standards.
• To increase Air Traffic Management (ATM) capacity in order to manage the increasing air traffic volume and simultaneously reduce delays.
• To enhance service quality.
• To reduce cost for airspace users.
• All levels of management are clearly committed to safety, starting with the MD/CEO.
• Trainings are programmed to build and maintain meaningful safety leadership skills.
• Just-culture principle of non-punitive open safety communication is established.
• All relevant staff and stakeholders are involved in collaborative decision process.
• Priority resource allocation to achieve acceptable level of safety.
• Safety of our employees, customers and contractors are a strategic issue of the Agency.
• Our goal is the adoption of ‘BEST PRACTICE’ standards and partnership between safety and Quality Management.
The Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) has assured stakeholders that the nation’s airspace remains one of the safest on the cont...
AKINKUOTU TAKES OVER AS NAMA MD/CE